Grace Baptist Church
EVANGELICAL - REFORMED - BAPTIST
"By God's Grace, to God's Glory"
This Confession of Faith defines our teaching position, it does not limit our church membership or our fellowship with other Christians.1. We believe that there is only one true God, Who is our God; Who is eternal, almighty, unchangeable, infinite, and incomprehensible; Who is a Spirit, having His being in Himself, and gives being to all creatures; He does what He wills, in heaven and earth, working all things according to the counsel of His own will.
2. We believe that there are three Persons in the Godhead; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these Three are One God, the same in essence, equal in power and glory.
3. We believe the Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testament, are the Word and revealed mind of God, which are able to make men wise to salvation, through faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; that they are given by inspiration of God, serving to furnish the man of God for every good work; and by them we are (in the strength of Christ) to test all things that are brought to us under the pretense of truth. As uniquely "God breathed", the original Scriptures are inerrant in detail, infallible in doctrine, complete in content, and absolute in authority.
4. We believe that though Adam was created righteous, he fell through the temptations of Satan; and his fall overthrew, not only himself, but his posterity, making them sinners by his disobedience, so that we are by nature children of wrath and defiled from the womb, being shaped in iniquity and conceived in sin.
5. We believe God elected and chose, in His eternal counsel, some persons to life and salvation, before the foundation of the world, whom accordingly, He effectually calls, and whom He will certainly keep by His power, through faith to salvation.
6. We believe that election was free in God, of His own pleasure, and not at all for, or with reference to, any foreseen works of faith in the creature as the motive thereunto.
7. We believe that Jesus Christ was, in the fullness of time, manifested in the flesh, being born of a woman, being perfectly righteous, gave Himself for the elect, to redeem them to God by His blood.
8. We believe that all men, until they are quickened by Christ, are dead in trespasses, and therefore, have no power of themselves, to savingly believe. But faith is a free gift of God, and the mighty work of God in the soul, even like the raising of Christ from the dead. Therefore, consent not with those who hold that God has given power to all men to believe to salvation.
9. We believe that Christ is the only true King, Priest, and Prophet of the Church.
10. We believe that a man is justified by Christ through faith, and that no one is justified in the sight of God partly by Christ and partly by works.
11. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth, of Whom the Scriptures of the Old Testament prophesied, is the true Messiah and Savior of men. He died on the cross, was buried, rose again in the same body in which He suffered, and ascended to the Right Hand of the Majesty on High, and appears in the presence of God to make intercession for us.
12. We believe that all who have faith wrought in their hearts by the power of God, according to His good pleasure, should be careful to maintain good works, and to abound in them, acting from principles of true faith and unfeigned love, looking to God's glory as their main end.
13. We believe that all who profess faith in Christ, and make the same appear by their fruits, are the proper subjects of baptism.
14. We believe that baptism is not by sprinkling, but dipping the person in the water, representing the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
15. We believe that persons so baptized ought, by free consent, to walk together in distinct churches, continuing in the Apostles' doctrine, fellowship, breaking of bread, and prayers, as fellow men caring for one another, according to the will of God. All these ordinances of Christ are given to His Church, to be observed until His Second Coming, we which all ought to diligently wait for.
16. We believe at the time appointed by the Lord, the dead bodies of all men, just and unjust, shall rise again out of their graves, that all may receive according to what they have done in their bodies, whether it is good or evil.
Grace Baptist Church - 37112 2nd Street, Fremont, California 94536